A Few of My Favourite Things in Spring

The first hint of spring
Jelly beans sown in newly budding soil
grow into fat tulips
orange turpentine scarlet and pink
They wave their green arms at me
Susurrate sunny greetings
when I amble by wearing apples
in my cheeks and Sakura-hued tennis shoes



than the buttery sunlight dripping
through the cracked open window
in the jazzy corner of a coffee shop
where the delicate scent of fresh flowers
dances for la vie en rose

The air inside waves me in,
beckons with its daily perfume
of baked bread and ginger
snap cookies that melt in mouths like candy
I am seated by a diamantine constellation
of budding colours: orotund flowers
that hum a handsome harmony
of orange turpentine scarlet and pink

I want to paint
these colours hovering in the woolly air,
tint paper sheaves until my heartbeat
beats into a shape my hands can see
I want to paint all my favourite things
during this first bloom of spring
Record their faces with colour names
in a language my hands can speak
With a swish and flick of a brush
turn my passion into a rose
--if I give it any other name
it will be just as sweet, because
Love knows no name
but the ones I give it

Comments

Popular Posts