Recipe: Pecan Sticky Bun

I am your pecan sticky bun
on Monday mornings when you crave something sweet:
sweet release between your thighs, let me feed you
honey from between mine. Lick
your way up my breasts, rosebud tips ripe
for biting. Let me nourish you
with my body
of milk and honey
I didn't know uncertainty could be so sweet
You make my hands sticky
with sweat when you spoon me
beneath tangled sheets, our limbs tangled together
our breaths mixed
like my feelings,
because you don't act the way you should
Not a hit and run
instead coaxing out softness
I didn't think I could give

Buttery sunlight drips through the closed blinds
as our bodies lie cooling,
and I remember how it felt
to trail behind my heart as it fell
for whoever the hell it wanted

Your arms tighten gently
around me

and I tentatively think
maybe    I've finally caught up

Comments

Popular Posts